Playstation 1 SCPH-7502 PU-22 MM3 install

The bundle of PS1 I bought recently provided me with different tasks. Today I did my first MM3 modchip install. The PU-22 motherboard seems to need the most work, because you have to desolder the shielding before you can even access the needed solder points. The process probably took me an hour. It was the first time I used Kynar wire too and it it a marvelous thing. You just have to cut to lenght and solder it, there is no need to strip the wire. My cable routing is probably not the best but I tried to use the shortest routes. Used IC legs as guides. (I used this site as a guide)


It is not the prettiest thing, but I think it isn't bad. And it works too. PAL and NTSC backups work straight away.

I bought preprogrammed PICs but for the next project I will use blank PICs that I'll program myself.

Comments